Wednesday, August 6, 2008

IDEA Michael´s Carpatian Window

I would suggest to integrate the containers in the overall concept. The boxes are simply nice for playing with, easy to transport (as we know). You can erect them anywhere. They do not necessarily have to be integrated within a museum-order, isnt it? We may combine them with any other micro- or macro thing, whatsoever. One box has at least 3,5m² exhibition area, when being put upright. Thats a lot! You can put your complete living room in there, or even sleep inside. The box may stand upright, lay horizontally, have several layers. We can play with the interior perspective, divide the volume etc. A lot of combinations! Beyond their function as mere exhibition objects (in the village), they may obtain a second function as exhibition spaces (simple). The container´s interior does not have to be accessible. One can well look inside, through a shop-window, or similar inventions. The view goes inside. For that (ad hoc), we do not have to do big restoration works. A simple refurbishment with boards, tar-paper, and colour paint should save it sufficiently from wind and rain (People over here in Romania do it that way). I am talking for my own purpose: I would like to take the chance and prepare a space-installation. The theme comes from literature. I need a closed box for that and a small peep-hole inside. Of course, its a temporary installation... I would bring an old shop-window from the Carpatians, and everything else necessary. I am a container.



No comments: